QuickPlan supports to create a new project by importing tasks from MS Excel file.
Please follow below the steps:
- Download the MS Excel template file
- Open the template file using Microsoft Excel (Please do not edit using the Apple Number app) and input the task content. Adding space(s) before the task name to adjust the outline level of the task
- Save to a file with .xlsx extension.
- Send the Excel file to the iOS device with QuickPlan installed. On the iOS device, then to open the Excel file in QuickPlan to import as a new project(for example, if the Excel file been sent to the iOS in an email as an attachment, please long presst on the attached Excel file, and then to select "Copy to QuickPlan" activity).
- The goal of this feature design is to improve the efficiency of project task input on the iOS devices. Although the use of QuickPlan can help us greatly improve the efficiency of project maintenance (which is more efficient than many gantt apps even on the Desktop device), input on the iOS devices is still a efficiency bottleneck. This feature helps us to complete the main input work on the MAC or on the PC, which contributes to overall productivity
- If you also use "QuickPlan for macOS" on the Mac, we strongly suggest to create the project in QuickPlan, then sync the project to iOS devices.
- There are many methods to "send" the Excel file from a PC or a Mac to iOS device
- Send file as attached file in an email
- Share file from Mac to iOS via Airdrop
- Shree file to iOS via iTunes app on the Mac or on the PC
- Sync to iOS device via iCloud Drive
- Share to iOS device via 3rd cloud storage, such as the Dropbox service
- QuickPlan also supports to export project as MS Excel file, for REPORTING purpose! The content and format of the exported Excel file and in this Template are different. Some users may expect to change the content in the exported Excel file, and then to import again for a special workflow, this is not the suitable solution QuickPlan prefers, as inputting into Excel file is out of the control of QuickPlan app, it's very easy to create error in the Excel file, and actually except typing, QuickPlan does much more efficiently on project maintenance.